Foster Care Worker
Are you looking for job with meaning; one that connects your personal values with an organisation that supports the most vulnerable and disadvantaged people in our community? Do you want to be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefits package; and receive training and ongoing development?
Do you want to make a difference?
Mercy Community provides services in the areas of child protection, multicultural community support, individual and family support, community and residential based aged care, and disability support. Mercy Community supports and inspires people in need to live healthy, connected lives within inclusive communities. Our vision is a world where people, families and communities are strong in spirit, healthy and connected.
The Foster and Kinship Care team currently has a Permanent Full Time vacancy and is seeking a highly motivated professional to join the team.
The role is responsible for the provision of high quality support to foster and kinship carers to assist carers to meet the identified needs of the children and young people placed in care. This position will play a key role in supporting Mercy Community clients as part of the Foster and Kinship Care team at our Logan office. To see more about this position Click Here
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Minimum of a Diploma in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline or extensive experience within a similar role.
- Tertiary qualification in Social Work, Human Services or related discipline.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with children and families, particularly in assisting with the assessment, planning processes and support around the management of children with difficult behaviours.
- Demonstrated experience in the support and mentoring of children and young people in out of home care.
- Demonstrated intermediate ability to use computer IT systems including MS Word and Excel.
- Queensland Provisional Green or above Driver Licence.
- Ability to obtain positive notice in the Working with Children Check (Blue Card) and any other legislatively required personal history screening as required.
- Evidence of current vaccination against whooping cough or willingness to obtain prior to commencement, unless applicable exemption provided as per the relevant MCS procedure.
We encourage and welcome candidates from all cultural backgrounds and recommend that you view our website and Employee Value Proposition.
This Full Time positions offers a competitive remuneration package between $69,437-$72,598 gross per annum in line with a level 5 of our Enterprise Agreement (dependant on skill and qualifications). You will also have the opportunity to increase your take-home pay by salary sacrificing and other benefits available within our Enterprise Agreement.
To apply, please submit your application via the following link http://mercycs.applynow.net.au/jobs/MCS590 and follow the prompts. Applications must include a Resume and Cover Letter (including a response to the key selection criteria). Applicants who do not address the key selection criteria will not be considered for the position.
Applications for this position close on 26th March 2018 at 9am.
Please note that you must be eligible to work in Australia to be considered for this position. Employment is conditional upon maintaining a clear personal history screening checks throughout employment.